Upon joining the School, ALL pupils must complete an Enrolment Form – Day One.
This form is completely confidential and is protected under the Data Protection Act.
If you no longer wish to attend a class at the School, then the Teaching Staff or Management must be informed immediately, in writing.
Our payment system for ALL lessons is Monthly.
All dancing fees must be paid on the first lesson on the NEW calendar month and all cheques are payable to Nellie Stagles School of Theatre Dance. There are no concessions or deductions for classes not attended, as this help to keep our costs low, which benefit the whole of the school.
Pupils with poor attendance or high levels of dancing fee arrears leading up to a school show may not be eligible to take part in that particular show. Similarly, pupils not regularly attending classes may not be entered into the schools s examinations.
Our school year runs from September to July and our Timetable is produced annually and issued in the September of each new dancing school year.
Pupils are entered for examinations when they are confident and have acquired the necessary standard for each level, enabling each child to progress at their own pace.
Exams at the school are not compulsory.
ALL examinations at the school are assessed by external examiners from the International Dance Teachers Association (IDTA) or Royal Academy of Dance (RAD). These are the bodies that provide the syllabuses that we work to. Payment for examinations must be paid one week prior to the exam date, in the payment envelope provided. All Royal Academy of Dance examination fees must be paid 2 months prior to the examination date.
Nellie Stagles School of Theatre Dance prides itself on providing a safe and happy learning environment with enjoyment and education being at the root of all our classes.
Our Behaviour Policy exists to maintain this environment and enable pupils to reach to their full potential.
Rude, disruptive, threatening and abusive behaviour within the School will not be tolerated in any way; Teachers and the School Management reserve the right to ask pupils to leave the class at any time, if they feel that their behaviour is disturbing the enjoyment and education of other pupils.
If any member of Staff feels that the behaviour of an individual is continuously disruptive or in breach of this Behaviour Policy, the management will be informed and the pupil concerned may be asked to leave the School.
Regular attendance is essential for progression of individuals. Pupils must always be prompt for class and attend regularly. If pupils are absent for any reason the School or Teaching Staff must be informed.
Pupils with poor attendance leading up to a school show may not be eligible to take part in that particular show. Similarly, pupils not regularly attending classes may not be entered into the schools examinations.
Behaviour in unsupervised areas e.g. changing rooms, canteens and toilets, must also be acceptable and in line with the School’s Behaviour Policy.
ALL changing must be done within the designated changing areas/rooms.
The School and Management accept no responsibility for damage or loss of any personal belongings.
All pupils must wear the correct uniform for classes. Teaching Staff at the School will advise anyone who is uncertain about what to wear.
Health and Safety Policy
Our aim is to ensure that all reasonable and practical steps are taken to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all persons using the premises.
To achieve this we will actively work towards the following objectives:
- To establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment throughout the Dance School
- To establish and maintain safe working procedures amongst Staff and Pupils
- To formulate effective procedures for use in case of fire and other emergencies and for evacuating the Dance School premises
- To maintain a safe and healthy place to work with safe access to and from the premises
- To follow the regulations of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and any other relevant legislation
- No smoking on the premises
- No jewellery or body piercings may be worn during class
- Dress code: uniform and appropriate shoes must be worn by all Pupils
- No running on the premises
- All fire exits are clearly marked and free from obstruction
- All fire extinguishers are clearly labeled
- Pupils will be supervised during class sessions
- All dance school equipment and resources are safe for Pupil use
Child Protection Policy
- It is the policy of the school to provide efficient, up-to-date, enjoyable and safe instruction in dance, to all pupils who enrol in the school or join in the classes.
- The premises and equipment will be checked regularly for any defects or faults that exist or may have developed which might present hazards to any attending the premises.
- All instruction will be geared to the previous experience and abilities of the pupil(s) and no person will be required to perform movements beyond their intrinsic capabilities. All teachers will be sensitive to all pupils’ religious beliefs and culture.
- No energetic instruction will be given without pupils undergoing a “warm-up” session and after an energetic session completing a “warm-down” session.
- The school adopts a strictly No Smoking policy.
- An Accident Book will be located at each studio to allow records to be kept of any incident in the school involving injuries of any nature to staff or pupils.
- Very young pupils will not be allowed to leave the school premises until collected by a parent, guardian or other adult authorised to do so by a parent or guardian.
- No pupil under age 16 will be driven home by a member of staff in his/her car without the permission of a parent or guardian or in the event of an emergency.
- Normally no member of staff will be alone with a young pupil for any substantial period of time without the consent of a parent or other authorised person.
- Where possible at each studio, changing facilities will be provided. Where/if possible, parents should supervise their own children in the changing area otherwise supervision will not be by a single adult.
- No child may be photographed or videoed without the consent of parent or guardian.
- Only suitably qualified persons will be employed in a teaching capacity while any student engaged to assist with teaching will only work under the supervision of a qualified member of staff.
- Teachers will avoid any unnecessary physical contact with pupils. However parents should understand that some aspects of teaching involve some contact. Where it is necessary teachers will use the utmost discretion and, in any event, not do so without another adult in the room.
- The school management will ensure that he/she and the members of staff are properly covered against incidents involving public liability and professional negligence insurance.
- The school management undertake not to involve in misleading or false advertising.
- No form of discrimination, by religion, colour, the child’s background and so on will be tolerated in the school.
- At all times, all staff will endeavour to keep the highest standards of instruction and behaviour. The school management retain the right to discharge from the school any pupil who persistently disrupts the tuition, uses offensive language, or other anti-social behaviour.
- All teachers will be suitably qualified and fully CRB/DBS checked
- The school shall operate its own Administration Policy, Behaviour Policy and Health and Safety Policy, which shall run alongside this policy.